Here in Arizona, we’ll typically see triple-digit temperatures during summer, and while we don’t suffer cold winters like other parts of the country, we do see plenty of below freezing nighttime temperatures in winter.
Even though we might not get below zero temps, when your heater fails on a cold winter night, it doesn’t matter where you live. You want it fixed…fast! Heating repair and regular maintenance are essential for keeping your system running efficiently all year long.
Five Common Winter Heating Repairs
Many common problems can plague your heating system. Here are five repairs and preventative measures to take before the cold winter hits.
1) Lack of Maintenance – Often, especially in Phoenix where we experience temperature extremes, a simple lack of maintenance can impact your furnace’s efficiency. Scheduling regular, bi-annual heating and furnace repair can help your system to run more efficiently and reliably all winter long.
2) No Ignition – Another common problem encountered when it’s time to turn on the furnace for winter is…nothing! If your furnace doesn’t turn on when you first try to start it up, it can indicate problems with the thermostat, power, gas, or pilot light. Check your system before the cold weather for these common issues.
3) Constant On and Off Operation – If your furnace is continuously running, it can indicate improper airflow, a clogged filter, or a bad thermostat. Check and change your filters regularly to prevent inefficient operation.
4) Unusual Noise – Rumbling, squeaking, and rattles can indicate a mechanical problem. It can also be a sign of restricted airflow or a clogged burner. If you hear unusual noise coming from your furnace, call a professional.
5) Ignition or Pilot Control Problem – A faulty ignition or pilot issue can make heating your home difficult, or impossible. Thermocouple problems, clogs in the furnace, or improperly controlled drafts may result in pilot problems.
To prevent all of these issues from impacting your winter comfort, contact a local HVAC professional, and schedule regular maintenance and furnace repair service.
Call Day & Night Air For All Your Heating Repair In Phoenix
If you experience any of these problems, give the experts at Day & Night Air a call. Our team of trained and certified heating technicians are ready to help. We offer several maintenance contracts that can provide you with regular maintenance and peace of mind. We also offer emergency 24/7/365 service so you can call anytime of the day or night.
If you live in the greater Phoenix area or the surrounding communities and need emergency service, or to a schedule heating inspection or furnace repair, give the experts at Day & Night a call today!