Furnace Tune Up
When a cold front hits, the last thing you want to face is a broken or outdated heating system. Even a relatively warm winter can take a quick turn. Before you find yourself wearing multiple layers and shuffling around your home with a blanket wrapped around you, you should make sure that the heater in your home is in working order. Routine heater maintenance will not only ensure that your heater will be ready for use whenever you need it but also maximize its energy efficiency, keeping your energy bill manageable. You should also have your heating system checked each year before a colder season sets in. This annual check promotes safety for your home and family, as well as caring for your heater.
The experts at Day & Night can help you keep your heating system up and running or guide you through the decision to replace it with something new. If you are not sure what you need, we can assess the current state of the heating system in your home and make a recommendation for you. The services we offer thoroughly cover all of your heating needs.
Phoenix Furnace Repair
Waking up to a broken furnace is the most uncomfortable and aggravating way to start the day. With an average low of 35 degrees at night, a home without a working furnace in Phoenix is a big problem. Not only is the inside of your home at freezing temperatures, but pipes in your home could freeze, burst, and cause lots of expensive damage. If your unit is less than 15 years old and has been properly maintained throughout its life, then you shouldn’t need to worry about replacing it. Day and Night provides Phoenix emergency furnace repair services including problems with your auxiliary heating system to ensure that the problem is fixed in a timely manner to restore your home’s heat and minimize the damage done to your home.
While it is always important to contact our repair technicians if you suspect your furnace is broken, we do recommend a few troubleshooting options to eliminate user error. If you have tried all of the following steps and your furnace is still not working properly, we recommend contacting us immediately to perform furnace repairs before the damage extends to other elements of the heating unit.
What’s in this Guide
How to Troubleshoot Issues With Your Furnace:
- Make sure that your thermostat is set to the heat option. It may seem trivial, but in Phoenix, it is very easy to forget to turn your thermostat from “cool” to “heat” once the weather starts to cool down.
- Check your breaker panel. We recommend checking your breaker panel to make sure no fuses have been blown and the power to the furnace is turned on.
Should I Repair or Replace My Furnace?
It is always tough to decide whether to replace or repair your furnace when you discover that it is not working properly. In either circumstance, time is of the essence, especially when choosing to repair. If you wait to fix the issue, then more damage could be caused to the furnace and ultimately your home.
A general rule to follow is if your furnace is less than 15 years old and the cost of repair is less than 50% of the cost of a new unit, then repair is the best solution. Repairs before 15 years are more effective and have a greater chance of not needing repair in the near future.
If your furnace is more than 15 years old and the cost of repair is more than two-thirds the cost of a new furnace installation, we recommend replacing the unit.
Our team is very experienced and willing to offer our expertise and knowledge to help you decide what the right course of action is for your home. If you are unsure which route to choose, we are dedicated to helping you find the best option for your home heating needs.
How Do I Know I Need a Furnace Repair?
It’s sometimes hard to tell if your furnace needs to be repaired. This is why performing regular maintenance on your unit is the best way to identify any issues that could impair the furnace’s ability to heat your home. It’s always good to remember that just because your furnace is still heating your home, that doesn’t mean your Phoenix furnace is in premium working condition. We have compiled a list of tell-tale warning signs that your furnace needs to be repaired. Catching damage early is the best way to save you the inconvenience and the money.
- Abnormal Smell
- When turning your furnace on after it hasn’t run for a while will come with a slight smell. The smell should dissipate rather quickly if it is working correctly.
- If you experience a strong fuel smell around the furnace, sudden smells that come from nowhere, or if the initial smell doesn’t go away then your furnace could be compromised. Dangerous gasses can leak from your Phoenix furnace or built-up dust could burn and cause these smells. Either way, it is imperative to have your furnace checked out to ensure the safety of you and your family.
- Continuous Noises
- Furnaces are not silent, they make clicking sounds when they come on and off, and the fan makes sounds, but they are generally quiet while functioning. Squeaking and whistling could be the result of a fan or belt that needs to be replaced. Loud banging or knocking could be the result of loose or broken parts.
- Difficult To Start
- Older furnaces may take a try or two to turn on.
- If you have tried to start your furnace more than two times and it repeatedly keeps turning off by itself, then there could be disconnected or damaged wiring within the unit
- Insufficient Heating
- If you have to constantly turn up the heat on the thermostat, or find that some rooms are colder than others then your furnace may be insufficiently heating the home. This is most commonly caused by ductwork that has separated or a faulty thermostat that isn’t properly communicating with the furnace.
Furnace Repair Process
Once you have gone through troubleshooting your furnace, and it is still not working we recommend calling our team to diagnose the exact issue your furnace is having. Our team has the advanced knowledge and skills to locate the issue in a timely manner. We will perform an in-depth inspection of your furnace to diagnose any fixable issues. Our vehicles are equipped with many parts and tools so that we can repair your furnace on-site without having to wait on parts to be ordered. This ensures your Phoenix furnace is back in working order and your home is warmed up again in a timely manner without having to inconvenience our clients. Typically we are able to repair your furnace within 4-8 hours.
How Much Does Furnace Repair Cost?
Naturally, when people find out their furnace needs to be repaired their eyes roll back with dollar signs in them. Have no fear, because generally repairing your Phoenix furnace is rather inexpensive compared to a whole new unit.
The average furnace will cost between $100 and $1,200 to have the furnace repaired. The type of fuel, and the brand of the system, and finding the exact issue is what ultimately determines the cost of repair.
Our Heating Services Near You
Day & Night Air offers a variety of heating services to keep your home and family comfortable in every season of the year. Whether you require emergency services as quickly as possible or you would like to establish a schedule of routine care, we can provide what you need.
- Maintenance - Regular inspections and tune-ups will help your heating system last longer and continue working at its maximum efficiency level. The average Phoenix furnace tune up cost is a small price to pay for peace of mind and a well-cared-for furnace.
- Heater Installation - A new heater for your home can make all the difference for the comfort of your home and family.
- Furnace Repair - If your home’s heater is broken, one of our skillful technicians will perform heater repair services to get it back up and running.
- Heat Pump Repair & Installation – Heat pumps are an excellent choice for anyone who wants to increase their home’s energy efficiency.
Day & Night Furnace Tune Up
Day & Night Air has the leading experts in heater installation, maintenance, repair, and heat pump services in the Phoenix area. Heat pumps are growing in popularity among our services for their simplicity and efficiency. If you are interested in a new heating system, one of our HVAC professionals can walk you through all of your options, including the differences between traditional heat pumps, split systems, and mini-split systems. We can also help you compare the energy efficiency of your current heating system to what you would receive with a new system and whether the upgrade would be a worthwhile investment for your home.
Why Choose Day & Night Air for Phoenix Furnace Repair?
As a family-owned and operated business that has been painstakingly built over a number of years, Day & Night Air knows the value of great customer experience. Our customers and their in-home comfort is our first priority. Every technician and team member works toward the goal of making the lives of our clients better and providing the highest quality of performance at all times. There is a reason Day & Night Air has grown to service so many areas in Arizona. Our customers feel valued and cared for with every interaction because the attitude of our team members is just as incredible as their knowledge and expertise.
No matter what kind of service you require for your heating system, Day & Night Air is here to help. Don’t wait until you are freezing and miserable. Contact us today for a free quote on a new heating system, to see if you qualify for our financing options, or to enroll in a scheduled maintenance routine to keep your heating system in working order all year round.
What Customers Are Saying
Read this 5-star Google review below regarding a hot water heater and heat pump repair
“What can I say, Matthew provided stellar service in regards to my water heater and plumbing. He helped me pick the most affordable option, and was flexible in our work from home environment. Clear, concise, sense of humor and most importantly knowledgeable. Thank you Matthew & Lorrie/Laurie/Lori from Day&Night. 10/10 recommend this company.” - Isis Comma
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
November 8, 2021
Read more reviews on Google!