Gas Line Repair Services in Phoenix
Gas leaks can be dangerous. Even though there is a distinctive smell, small leaks may not be immediately noticeable, particularly if the source is outside or in a remote part of the house. Furthermore, once the gas is leaking, the repairs must be approached carefully by a licensed and experienced technician to avoid causing a fire or explosion. The good news for residents of Phoenix and the surrounding communities in Arizona is that Day & Night Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing is here to detect, diagnose, and repair your gas leaks. Our licensed, experienced plumbing technicians in Phoenix will work quickly and efficiently to locate the leak’s source and fix it properly.
What are Signs That You May Have a Gas Leak?
Gas lines supply your Arizona home with heat and power gas appliances. Gas appliances are a popular choice, saving consumers over 30% on energy costs over electricity. Be alert for some of the signs that you may have a gas leak:
- Physical indicators - The first sign of a gas leak is often the smell of rotten eggs or sulfur. You may also hear a hissing sound when you are close to a gas line. Finally, breathing natural gas can cause dizziness, headache, nausea, or fatigue. Call Day & Night Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing immediately if you notice any of these indicators of the presence of gas in your home or office!
- Dying plants - Gas lines run under your lawn and near the perimeter of your home. If you notice patches of dead grass or dying plants near your gas line or meter, the cause may be a gas leak.
- Malfunctioning appliances - If you have a gas leak, it is very likely that your gas appliances will give you some hints that something is wrong. Is the gas flame on your stovetop weak, flickering, sputtering, or does it refuse to light? Is your water heater not heating the water as hot as usual? You may have an issue with your gas lines.
- Soaring gas bills - If your gas bills increase each month or have spiked drastically, it could be due to gas escaping from lines or fittings.
- Blowing dust - A gas leak in a line near loose dirt can create little dust storms over the exit site.
- Carbon monoxide alerts - If your carbon monoxide detector goes off, you may have a natural gas leak or a buildup of carbon monoxide. Leave the premises immediately and call our team to detect and repair your leak.
What Are Some Causes of Gas Leaks?
There are many possible causes of gas leaks. Our highly experienced team is trained in the latest techniques and tools to detect, repair, or replace faulty gas lines or fittings. Some potential sources of leaks include:
- Worn or corroded seals on appliances cause gas to escape into the home
- Eroded piping can allow gas to flow into buildings
- Poor ventilation can cause a buildup of carbon monoxide
- Poorly maintained or secured fittings on boilers, cookers, or meters
- Damaged lines from digging due to construction or landscaping
How To Avoid Gas Line Issues
Keeping your gas lines maintained and checked is the right way to avoid an emergency. Day & Night Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing is here to inspect your home when you have older plumbing or appliances, whether you suspect a problem or want to avoid one. We can also help you locate your gas lines so that you can avoid digging in those areas. You’ll also want to make sure you don’t plant trees or shrubs too close to gas lines to avoid issues with roots putting pressure on the lines.
Gas Line Locating and Leak Detection in Phoenix, AZ
Day & Night Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing is committed to helping our friends and neighbors all over Maricopa County and surrounding areas keep their homes safe and comfortable. We aren’t just here to help you in an emergency, we are here to help you avoid inconvenience or danger from malfunctioning plumbing or appliances. Our team can help you locate gas lines, detect leaks, and repair or replace gas lines when necessary. If you have experienced any of the telltale signs of leaks, or if you are concerned about the condition of your plumbing or gas appliances, contact us today for an appointment.