Residential HVAC Service Technician
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Competitive Pay, Year-round Work & Paid Vacation Time
Employer Paid Continuing Education
Organized Dispatching Team and Paperless Invoicing via iPads
Fully Paid Health Benefits & Company Matched 401k Options
Friendly & Growth Driven Culture
Feel good about going to work every day by working for a company that believes in making a difference, not just a buck.
Day & Night is comprised of a team of individuals that are all passionate about providing exceptional, honest service. This means Managers are always available and state of the art, well-stocked vehicles. That is just the tip of the iceberg, give us a call to find out more!
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job, make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company.
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Handling License
- Demonstrate a willingness to invest time in service training seminars and classes.
- Understand and communicate the benefits of preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate advanced customer service skills and have the ability to communicate clearly, idea’s and explanations of problems to residential and commercial customers and coworkers
- Demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility and leadership roles.
- Experience in training and mentoring service technicians.
- Nate Certifications Preferred
- Clean driving record, and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to pass periodic drug tests
- Residential HVAC experience preferred
- EPA certification
- NATE certification is a plus!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Time Management Skills
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Report problems with company tools or vehicle promptly
- Report problems with equipment to Dispatcher to expedite parts delivery
- Communicate with customers and collect C.O.D. on maintenance visits as directed
- Ability to work staggered schedule if required
- Complete all service related forms properly
- Inform and educate customers on additional products or services available through company
- Inform customer of replacement options following company guidelines
- On call status for emergency service as required
- Complete service repairs as approved by customer
- Champion of flat rate pricing for the team
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicate clearly, the ideas and explanations of problems to customers and coworkers
- Diagnose and troubleshoot a wide range of residential and commercial equipment, present repair and replacement options
Perform the Following Technical Duties:
- Advanced electrical and refrigeration principles
- Service tools and testing devices.
- Ability to layout and install refrigeration piping
- Ability to layout, design and install low voltage wiring
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and blueprints and make accurate material lists
- Advanced diagnostic, repair and provide preventative maintenance on a wide range of residential and light commercial equipment without supervision
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques
- Advanced experience in presenting repair and replacement options
- Basic sheet metal practices
- Air balancing principles, techniques and diagnostics with velometer or hood