Residential HVAC Service Technician
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Competitive Pay, Year-round Work & Paid Vacation Time
Employer Paid Continuing Education
Organized Dispatching Team and Paperless Invoicing via iPads
Fully Paid Health Benefits & Company Matched 401k Options
Friendly & Growth Driven Culture
Feel good about going to work every day by working for a company that believes in making a difference, not just a buck.
Day & Night is comprised of a team of individuals that are all passionate about providing exceptional, honest service. This means Managers are always available and state of the art, well stocked vehicles. That is just the tip of the iceberg, give us a call to find out more!
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Handling License
- Demonstrate willingness to invest time in service training seminars and classes.
- Work from 32′ extension ladder and 8′ step ladder.
- Understand and communicate benefits of preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate advanced customer service skills and have ability to communicate clearly, idea’s and explanations of problems to residential and commercial customers and coworkers
- Demonstrate willingness to accept responsibility and leadership roles.
- Experience in training and mentoring service technicians.
- Nate Certifications Preferred
- HVAC Tech School certificate
- EPA Certified
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Time Management Skills
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Report problems with company tools or vehicle promptly
- Report problems with equipment to Dispatcher to expedite parts delivery
- Communicate with customers and collect C.O.D. on maintenance visits as directed
- Ability to work staggered schedule if required
- Complete all service related forms properly
- Inform and educate customers on additional products or services available through company
- Inform customer of replacement options following company guidelines
- On call status for emergency service as required
- Complete service repairs as approved by customer
- Champion of flat rate pricing for the team
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicate clearly, the ideas and explanations of problems to customers and coworkers
- Diagnose and troubleshoot a wide range of residential and commercial equipment, present repair and replacement options
Perform the Following Technical Duties:
- Advanced electrical and refrigeration principles
- Service tools and testing devices.
- Ability to layout and install refrigeration piping
- Ability to layout, design and install low voltage wiring
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and blueprints and make accurate material lists
- Advanced diagnostic, repair and provide preventative maintenance on a wide range of residential and light commercial equipment without supervision
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques
- Advanced experience in presenting repair and replacement options
- Basic sheet metal practices
- Air balancing principles, techniques and diagnostics with velometer or hood