Leak Detection Services in Phoenix
Leaks aren’t always easily detectable. They can be stealthy, building a catastrophe one undetected drip at a time. They can cause rot, erosion, damaged foundations, and dangerous situations when introduced to electrical lines, outlets, and devices. Hidden leaks can not only cause damage to your home, but they can endanger your health. When liquid saturates walls, floors, carpeting, and fabrics, it can be an incubator for mold, mildew, and other pathogens.
Signs You May Have a Leak
Leaks in household plumbing waste more than 1 trillion gallons annually in the U.S. Plumbing leaks can be hard to detect. Most of the pipes are hidden from view in walls or under the house. When leaks occur under solid foundations, a particularly difficult leak to detect and repair is called a slab leak. However, there are a few telltale signs to be on the lookout for, including:
- A higher than usual water bill
- Sounds of running water when taps are off
- Damp, soft, or crumbling drywall
- Wet floors or carpeting
- Standing water in basements
- Mildew on walls
- Musty or mildew smell
- Cracks or crumbling areas on your foundation
- Marshy, bright green, or sunken areas in your lawn
If you notice one or more of these indicators of water leaks, call our team at Day & Night Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing immediately for Phoenix leak detection.
What To Expect From Your Appointment
When you call us for Phoenix leak detection, we will ask some questions to understand how bad the leak is. If there is a large amount of water coming from your pipes, we’ll walk you through how to turn off your water main to limit the damage. When we arrive, we first meet with you to hear your concerns and note the signs of leak you are experiencing. We then quickly and efficiently start our diagnostic process, using the most current leak locating methods and technology.
Once we have located the issue, we’ll explain the source of the problem and what your options are for repair so that you can make informed decisions about how to move forward. If you have a slab leak, our experienced plumbers and technicians will discuss the steps involved in repairing pipe damage under your foundation. Everything we do is with our customers in mind, and we understand the urgency of getting your home back to normal.
Our Arizona Leak Detection Technology
If you’ve ever wondered how plumbing professionals find leaks in hidden, buried, or obstructed pipes, the answer is the tools and technology. Even a slab leak can be diagnosed with the right tools, technology, and experience in using them. Some of the technology we use includes:
- Acoustic listening technology - Simply listening for leaks can be extremely challenging to discern from normal plumbing sounds. Acoustic technology is a non-invasive way to help locate leaks. Acoustic leak detection devices can not only help to identify the difference between normal and abnormal water sounds, but they can do so in virtually any type of pipe, including plastic.
- Soil probe devices - Sewer and water main leaks are some of the most problematic. They’ve often existed for a while before the homeowner notices their escalating water bill. A soil probe can help the plumber leaks, even under soil and rocks. By using the probe, the plumbing professional can avoid unnecessary excavation.
- Video inspection technology - One of the surest ways to locate and diagnose a pipe leak is to identify it visually. However, that can be impossible in some cases without digging, drilling, or removing walls. These devices use a camera on a scope or snake inserted into small areas, down drains and pipes, or under foundations. They allow the plumber to see the damage and often record the images in video or still photos. This method is often used when rings, keys, or other personal items have been flushed or washed down drains.
Even the most cutting-edge technology is rendered virtually useless without the right training and expertise. Our highly experienced team stays current on emerging technology and tools to ensure that we give you the best possible experience.
Home Leak Detection Services in Phoenix, AZ
Leaks come in all sizes, types, and locations. Before they can cause more damage, contact our team at Day & Night Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing. We use the latest tools and techniques with a wealth of expertise and experience to detect your leaks with a minimum of intrusion.
Image credit: 7th Son Studio, shutterstock