Water Heater Maintenance and Tune-Ups
A water heater is something that you don’t want to find yourself without, especially in Phoenix, AZ. Even though your water heater comes with an expected life, many factors can shorten that life. Having regular maintenance and tune-ups can extend the useful life of your traditional or tankless heater. At Day & Night Air, we believe in doing routine water heater maintenance and tune-ups on the heater components to keep your appliance working optimally, keeping your home and family safe. Our Annual Plumbing Maintenance Services includes water heater maintenance, and we offer payment plans to keep you on budget.
What Maintenance Does Day & Night Complete?
In any water heater checkup, we’ll assess your unit for corrosion and water leaks. All wiring and plumbing connections will be examined to be sure that they are secure and functioning correctly. With our water heater tune-ups, we’ll also investigate and test the major components to be sure they are in good shape. If your water heater isn’t working correctly, our experienced technicians will assess whether it should be repaired or replaced, depending on the malfunction and age of the water heater.
Traditional Water Heater Components
- Pressure Relief Valve - The pressure relief valve is an important safety factor in tank water heaters that allows pressure in the tank to be released safely if it becomes too high. If the valve is not working or malfunctions on either gas or electric water heaters, it could cause an explosion.
- Anode Rod - The anode rod is designed to attract minerals in gas or electric water heaters that could cause corrosion in the tank. We recommend replacing it every five years.
- Tank Flush - With hard water, sediment can build up in tanks over time. Flushing the reservoir each year will flush out the minerals to prevent corrosion.
- Pilot Light (Gas Only) – We will visually check your pilot light and clean when necessary.
Tankless Water Heater Components
- Heater Flush - Even though there is no reservoir on a tankless heater, maintenance is still required to keep minerals from building up on the pipes and heating element.
- Air Intake Filter - Air should be able to flow freely through the unit. If debris is clogging your air intake filter, it could prevent your unit from working efficiently.
Why Choose Day & Night Air?
For years, Day & Night Air has been the trusted provider of HVAC and plumbing services in Phoenix and surrounding areas. We value honesty, craftsmanship, and prompt, friendly service, and that is what we provide for our customers. When you need us, we are there for you, day and night.
What Customers Are Saying
“Kudos for James Hill and Day and Night for handling my emergency gas leak and water heater service in an exceptional manner. Provided everything required for city permits and inspections. Always remained in contact with schedule updates including working super early or late in the evening. Probably the best service I’ve had in 40 years of working with providers” - Ken P.